Bringing you some Island Vibes for the summer, this easy mango, avocado, and cucumber salad is bursting with colour and light, fresh flavour. It’s easy to make, healthy, and mixes together in minutes!
- 3-4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 2 large mangoes cubed
- 2 large avocados cubed
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, cubed
- ½ small red onion sliced very thinly
- ½ carrot sliced very thinly
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Ground black pepper
Pickle the onions and carrot:
- Combine the thinly sliced red onion and carrot and 2-3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain the onions and carrot and discard the vinegar.
Assemble (Damo’s an Avengers fan! 🦸) the Mango Salad:
- In a serving bowl, mix one tablespoon of red wine vinegar and lime juice.
- Slowly mix in the oil.
- Put the cut mangoes, avocado, cucumber and pickled red onions and carrots in the bowl with the dressing. Toss gently to coat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve as soon as possible so it’s fresh!