- 16 rice paper sheets
- 400g tofu
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 50g vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 spring onions
- handful of fresh coriander
- roasted peanuts
- Sesame seeds
- Hoisin sauce
- Crushed salted peanuts
- Chilli peppers
ALWAYS VEGAN ⭐
These ‘Spring into Summer!’ Rolls are cooling, fresh and crunchy, yet filling at the same time. They make an awesome work or school lunch and perfect summer picnic food too!
- Chop all ingredients.
- Dampen a clean kitchen towel and put on a clean surface. Prepare the rice wrappers, one at a time, according to the instructions on the packet.
- Put the rice paper on a damp towel.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Start filling the wrapper, but make sure you do not overfill.
- I put a small clump of noodles first, followed by red cabbage, cucumber and two sticks of tofu.
- I recommend finishing with some fresh coriander, a few slices of spring onion and a sprinkle of crushed roasted peanuts.
- Once you finish with the filling, start rolling each like a burrito. Fold the sides over and start rolling from the bottom, making sure you hold the filling tightly with your other hand. It takes a few goes to get the knack of it.
Cut summer rolls in half and enjoy them fresh, dipped in the Hoisin sauce!